Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 10-- lighting with diffusers and such.

I think I jumped the gun yesterday,  I showed in detail what things looked like going from stark lighting to diffused lighting, and then adding a reflector of some sort.  So,  today,  I skipped over that, and made sure to do different postions with my dishes in relation to the lighting.  You can see yesterdays post here.   Not too thrilled about the subject matter or how the images turned out.

Today was a bowl of soup that turned into a bowl of noodles.  The noodles kept absorbing the broth, but it still ended up working out in the end.   I did two different lighting set ups.  One with with artificial lighting, and the other was with natural lighting.

Artificial Lighting:
Main light was metered at f8 (light with umbrella)  and the kicker light (light with softbox) was metered at f5.6.

Camera Settings:  ISO100  f11  1/125  50mm

L1 for first lighting set up.  L2 for second lighting setup.
Basic lighting set up:
L1 Used this lighting set up for most of the shoot. 


L2 Used this lighting set up for one shot.  
Used L1

Used L1


Used L1  Overheadshot


Used L1  Backlit the dish with the main light.

L2  Flat lighting,  looks horrible.

Then I tried to create a story with the natural lighting, and failed.  Sigh.  I used a diffuser to diffuse the window light and a reflector camera right to fill in some of the shadows.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin