Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Days 15,16,17

Whew,  I'm behind a few days. That should make for some interesting reading, eh?

It's been crazy, but in a good way.  I've had a few other projects pop up,  and so I had to put this on hold for a few days.  Glad to be back though!

DAY 15  Using napkins

Now,  I collect napkins on clearance.  If I go to a store, and see some awesome napkins on clearance,  I snach them up.  I have quite the collection.  I never really though too much about them being food photography props,  we use them for family dinners to make the table look nicer.  I don't mind washing and folding them (too much). :D

I did what the assignment asked,  took a picture without a napkin, and then chose a napkin or two to fit the subject.  I love the desgin on the yellow napkin,  but as a rule,  shooting with dark subjects keep everything dark.  The yellow napkin was too bright for the whole "story".  My favorite image was with the green napkin.  Next time I will have to watch for the fuzz balls.


DAY 16  Plates

I have an ample amount of plates to play with.  I was torn between the blue plate and the red plate.  Mr. Neel said to avoid plates with designs around the edge, mostly if they are contrasty.  Does it really detract from the strawberry in the middle? 


DAY 17  Balance

This was a wee bit more of a challenge for me with my chosen subject matter.  A huge problem I have, is that I cannot cut anything straight.  Could I attain a balanced image?  I think I may have.  Now I am second guessing myself.   Which is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin