Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 11 --- White Balance and Strawberries

Today, I decided to keep things simple in a multitude of ways.

1) Only natural light.
2) One food.
3) One dish no props.

I'm still struggling with the whole story telling thing.  Today I decided to skip it, and just play with white balance, orientation, blocking/reflecting light, and using my light meter.

Here's my submission for the assignment:


It was fun to see what the other white balance settings would do.  My dream as a professional photographer is to manually do white balance and not let the camera chose what kalvin to use.  I have finally mastered doing everything else manually,  maybe for the rest of the month,  I should challenge myself to do the white balance manually.  I did calibrate the WB for at least one of these above shared images.  

I have included some more strawberry images for practice and fun.





Before adding a blocker and adjusting WB

After adding a blocker and adjusting WB.  Some final adjusting was done later in post processing.


Be sure to go like my facebook page!  (please :D )


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin